The Power of Silence
We live in a noisy world in which we are exposed to a myriad of sounds from the moment we wake up to the moment we go to bed, and every moment in-between.
Research has shown that this constant exposure to noise has a negative impact on our health.
We have grown so accustomed to being constantly surrounded by noise, that we feel almost naked, exposed and vulnerable when there is an absence of sound in our environment and in those rare moments of solitude.
Silence is a gift; it has a voice, and a powerful one at that. With practice, we can learn to enjoy and cherish moments of silence - if only a few moments at a time before being engulfed by the busy-ness of life and work.
We offer workshops on the art of familiarising ourselves with, and enjoying, the sound of mindful silence through Aquarius Training Seminars.
effect from September 2018, a number of workshops are available,
focusing on the power of silence in our noisy world. These include the
- Power of Silence
- Discover the Stillness Within
- Silence within Silence
- Active Silence
- Deep Silence for Creativity
- Discover the Sound of Silence for Teenagers
- Discover the Sound of Silence for 6 - 12-year-olds
- The Role of Silence in Sales
- Quiet but Strong - Power of Silence for Strong Leadership
workshops are either short, introductory 2-hour sessions; half-day (4
hours) or a day-long (6 hours approximately) experience. They can be
held at your workplace, or at a venue of your choice.
Please contact us for details of individual workshops.
1. Short introductory sessions, lasting approximately 2 hours. These can be offered in your workplace, or a community centre, or at a location of your choice. We would need a minimum of 6 attendees, each paying a fee of £10.
2. A half-day session, lasting approximately 4 hours, with a fee of £20 per person, or £100 total for an organisation.
3. One-day workshop, which would include a more in-depth exploration of the phenomenon of silence. The duration of a one-day workshop is approximately 6.5 hours. The fee is £30 per person or £150 total for an organisation.
Weekend courses (Friday evening - Sunday afternoon) can be arranged to suit your requirements.
Through guided imagery and self-reflection, you are encouraged to explore your thoughts and other day-to-day activities that occupy your mind, and reach the "stillness" that lies beneath all this content. Once you discover this stillness, you can access a deeper level of your being, which can give you a glimpse into what else might be possible - e.g. how to achieve more creativity; how to live a more fulfilled life; or experience a deep sense of calm and contentment.
The course fee varies slightly with each location.
All workshops are hands-on, and experiential in nature, with a small theoretical content. For a one-day workshop and the weekend retreat, course notes will be emailed to attendees prior to the event.
We can all benefit from the positive influence silence can have in our lives, and the workshops are suitable for everyone. If you have any doubts or questions as to your suitability for attending, for any reason, please contact us with your question.
The shorter workshops are ideal for groups in the workplace, or social groups and gatherings.
Retreats can be organised in the UK or overseas. Further updates will be posted on this page in due course.
Please let us know if you have a group of friends or like-minded people who would like to organise a retreat in a specific country or location.
The Power of Silence
Venue: Friendship Centre, Elm Grove, Southsea, Hampshire PO5 1JT
Date: Friday, 21st September 2018 11am - 1pm
Fee: Special introductory price: £7
Tel: 07757 510354 or use the details below
Please contact us using the Contact Us form on this website.
Alternatively, email me on:
We look forward to hearing from you!