Diploma in Hypnotherapy
The Advanced Diploma in Hypnotherapy is a clear advancement on initial training,
providing new knowledge, skills and techniques. The aim of the course is to
provide a ‘vertically advanced’ level of training, taking the style of thinking
of the practitioner to a higher level, encouraging critical and reflective
The Advanced Diploma in Hypnotherapy
offered by the Oxford School of Hypnosis has been Assessed and Validated at
Advanced Practitioner Level by the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (UK).
Graduates from this course (who have already qualified at Practitioner status
via a course either validated by the GHSC at Practitioner Level or its
equivalent) are eligible for professional registration with the General
Hypnotherapy Register (the GHSC’s Registering Agency) at Advanced Practitioner
- The course is offered in a
distance learning format, enabling you to commence studies at any time.
- There is no final exam, as the
assessment is ongoing in the form of homework assignments at the end of
- You will be entitled to upgrade
your registration with the GHR to Advanced Practitioner level, provided
you are already registered at Practitioner level.
- Some of the advanced techniques
and applications will enable you to specialise in certain areas.
- There are no practical sessions
to attend, and ongoing support is available via email and Skype.
- Eligibility: A
qualification in hypnotherapy at practitioner level.
Hypnosis is increasingly being
utilised as a method for examining and influencing subjects' mental states, to provide information about the neural
substrates of experience, thought, and action. This section looks at the
recently emerging research evidence of the correlation between hypnosis and
Models of Hypnosis
- A. State
Model: Special State or Special Process Models (Theory
of Dissociated Control; Neo-dissociation theory)
Social & Cognitive Models (non-state theories)
- C. Altered consciousness model
- D. Ericksonian/utilisation model
- E. Psychoanalytic
Two: Practical considerations
that facilitate or impede change
awkward situations and questions
Three: Advanced Techniques
Students are required to select 4 out of the following 7 techniques
1. Advanced abreactive techniques
2. Hypnotic regression using the Affect Bridge
3. Parts therapy for deep inner change
4.Time line therapy
6. Past life regression
7. Transpersonal approach to hypnotherapy
Module Four: Advanced
are required to select 4 out of the following 7 applications
1. Hypnotherapy for children (anxiety, nocturnal enuresis, skin conditions, asthma)
3. Hypnotic weight loss surgery (virtual gastric
band and virtual gastric bypass)
4. Hypnotherapy for psychosexual disorders
5. Hypno-coaching for fertility
6. Workplace hypnosis
7. Hypnotherapy for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Note: For Modules Three and Four, please contact us if you would like to discuss other options, if any of the techniques/applications offered have already been covered on your initial hypnotherapy course.
You can select suitable options from the list of CPD courses on the relevant page on this website. Please select options which provide 7.5 - 8 hours CPD hours.
Module Five: Ethics
One: Academic skills and critical thinking
Two: Social science research methods
Three: Advanced ethical considerations and debates in clinical practice
1. Growing as a hypnotherapist
2. Getting the best from supervision
3. Self-care for the practitioner
through self-hypnosis and mindfulness
4. Rapid and brief inductions
5. Clean language in hypnosis
The aim of
the homework assignments is to meet the following learning outcomes (a copy
with a worked example will be provided):
clinical knowledge and skills
and its application
thinking and argumentation
- Professional Development
The maximum time
allowed for completion of the course is one year. Modules 1,2, 5 and 6
each require 25 - 30 hours of study. Modules 3 and 4 require 40 - 50 hours each. A copy of the full
prospectus is available on request.
Course Fee: £800
Payment options (booked via GHR):
1. Full payment upon enrolment: £800
2. Two instalments of £400, the first paid upon enrolment and the second before module three
3. Six monthly instalments of £133.33 payable by standing order
Payment options (direct booking)
1. Full payment by bank transfer: £750 (£50 discount)
2. Payment via PayPal: £775 (£25 discount)
3. Two instalments of £400, the first instalment payable upon enrolment and the second before module three
4. Six monthly instalments of £133.33 payable by standing order
5. Full payment by cheque: £800. Please allow at least seven working days for the cheque to clear (only applicable to students residing in the UK).
Note: Options 3 and 4 are not available to students residing outside the UK unless payment is made via PayPal.
With effect from June 2016, all certificates will be sent via email, which can be printed out or sent to relevant professional bodies as an attachment.
Alternatively, please use the Contact Us form on this website